- Why do we use decimals?
- Who was the founder of decimals?
- Why are fractions, decimals and percentages connected?
PROMPT: but what colour should it be?
I can’t believe that this is happening! This year has gone so fast. This is the end. It’s the end of friendships. It’s the end of primary school. Goodbye friends, goodbye teachers and hello to change. It’s hard for me because I absolutely hate change! My friends and I were browsing for our outfits for graduation when we came across the shop Forever New. We all found beautiful dresses but There was a problem with mine. But what colour should it be? I started to stress out. What if I don’t find the perfect outfit for me? How embarrassing would it be?
PROMPT: Stairs River Pink Cooked Nervous
I remember that message. It stuck to me and it always will. Every time I think about it I become NERVOUS and anxious. The smell of freshly COOKED bread that woke me every morning. The sound of the RIVER rushing down the road that let me sleep each night. The sight of my sick father walking up the STAIRS with his PINK notebook. I didn’t understand why he insisted on keeping his favourite colour a secret. But after that night I finally realised why. I finally appreciated him. I remember what he said to me before he collapsed in front of me. He said “Don’t base your life on the judgement of others. Don’t be afraid to be you. Look what it’s done to me. Judgement is our greatest fear.”
Inspiration: I NEED FREEDOM TOO- Beyonce. This song is based on the “black” people’s perspective of the situation of the I HAVE A DREAM SPEECH.
My name is Lowanna. I was stolen from my home, my family when I was young. And now I’m forced to work as a slave all day. I’m one of many suffering a similar situation. We’re not allowed to have a drink when we want to and we’re not allowed to go to the toilet when we want. We are treated like this just because we are different. Obviously the white people think they’re in charge of us. I don’t think that’s fair at all. So you know what I’m going to do something about it. Hopefully I and many others will find our happy place eventually. If only there was a magical door that could lead us to where we belong.
Cape Town Crisis
This video was about the Cape Town, South Africa, crisis. Currently Cape Town is suffering from a continuous drought. They are all dreading the day when they’ll run out of water. Also known as day zero. Residents are doing the best they can to avoid the day when their taps will run dry. They even have to go to water donations.
- Cape town has had water restrictions since February the 1st.
- The town has been restricted to 50 liters a day. And that won’t get you that far. For example: Washing the dishes is around 18 L. A 90 second shower is 15 L. One toilet flush, 9 L. Washing your hands 3 L. Cooking, 2 L. Drinking water, 2 L. 1 dog bowl, 1 L. And that’s your 50 liters.
- Cape Town the only city that has to suffer from taps running dry.
- Will the water restrictions change when the drought is over?
- If the restrictions change are there ways to prevent this from happening again?
- Now I understand the horrible affects of a drought and what the future can hold if you get stuck in one. How scary is that? Knowing that you can run out of water at any time. Have you ever been in a drought? Comment down below.
PROMPT: Bridge Sprinkled Pink Daffodil Huge
We walked through the forest and then we came across a HUGE BRIDGE. The BRIDGE was a cream color with a SPRINKLED gold rail. Instead of continuing over the BRIDGE he threw me over his back and jumped down the hill. He lead me to the prettiest meadow I’ve ever seen in my life. It had bright, yellow DAFFODILs. I looked around the meadow amazed then I noticed this one flower in the middle of the meadow. It stood out because it was PINK and smaller than the rest of the flowers surrounding it.
Today our 5/6 cohort participated in a national webinar. The webinar talked about privacy, how to identify scams and what to do when you’re in one of these situations.
Definition of privacy- Privacy is about controlling your personal information in the online world.
Recently a lot of people have been using the term “FAM”. If you know what “FAM” means please comment down below.
Did you know- 12% of young people (people within their teenage years or preteen years) have experienced fraud,
Definition of fraud- Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
Did you know- In 2017 $90,928,622 was lost in scams, 161,528 situations had been reported and there were 8.7% of victims.
Some ways to notice a scam are on it’s topics/subjects. Some Know scam topics/subjects are:
- ‘FREE’ club memberships
- Requests/Messages from celebraties
- Online shopping (dodgy websites)
What I learnt from that webinar was that even your friends who you thought you were close to can turn their backs on you and can betray you even when you trusted them with all your information. So even with your friends you need to be careful about what you share with people.
PROMPT: but I didn’t understand the instructions
We were in biology class and we were given new lab partners. I was put with the smartest kid inn school. You see I’m not the smartest student. I always make sure I copy off the right person and with my new lab partner should be a breeze. So when the bell rang Mr. Molone walked into the classroom to begin the class. Our task was to tell the difference between the blood types. Then I saw my partner start to freak out. Then she spoke.
“I don’t know anything about blood.”
Great, just great.
Prompt: Can you invent a magical animal that could live in one of these magical places and tell us all about them?
The bearlion is one of the oldest animals that have ever walked on this planet. It is supposedly a mix of a grizzly bear and a mountain lion. It has the strength of a grizzly bear but has the hunger and speed of a mountain lion. It has the structure of a mountain lion but the dark brown fur coat of a grizzly bear. People say if you look deeply into their eyes you see their soul trapped in their feared body. Many have tried to track down this beast but fail. It was only recently that we discovered it’s dead body. It looked like something had bitten bit. It looked like all the flesh had been sucked out of it. And that’s all for this weeks news.
People flee as Hawaii’s erupting volcano destroys homes and sends lava, toxic gas into the air.
This article was about a volcano from Hawaii called Kilauea. Hawaiians run for their lives as lava spreads in residents streets, distorting houses and cars and also they are freeing from toxic gases the lava left behind. Some residents were quickly able to grab pets and other belongings when the eruption died down and others had to think about what was happening to their home, belongings and pets.
1. The volcano eruption was powerful and was a magnitude of 6.9
2. The lava grew up to 70 meters high into the air
3. The volcano caused a cliff to fall into the ocean water but it didn’t cause a tsunami
4. The volcano Kilauea has been active for 35 years. It’s continuously erupting
5. Kilauea is the most active volcano out of the five on the island and is on of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world
1. What was the biggest explosion of the Kilauea volcano out of the 35 years?
2. How many times has Kilauea erupted?
1. I now understand that volcanoes can be life threatening like all natural disasters and I’ve also learnt how scary it is from someone’s point of view in the actual situation.