People flee as Hawaii’s erupting volcano destroys homes and sends lava, toxic gas into the air.
This article was about a volcano from Hawaii called Kilauea. Hawaiians run for their lives as lava spreads in residents streets, distorting houses and cars and also they are freeing from toxic gases the lava left behind. Some residents were quickly able to grab pets and other belongings when the eruption died down and others had to think about what was happening to their home, belongings and pets.
1. The volcano eruption was powerful and was a magnitude of 6.9
2. The lava grew up to 70 meters high into the air
3. The volcano caused a cliff to fall into the ocean water but it didn’t cause a tsunami
4. The volcano Kilauea has been active for 35 years. It’s continuously erupting
5. Kilauea is the most active volcano out of the five on the island and is on of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world
1. What was the biggest explosion of the Kilauea volcano out of the 35 years?
2. How many times has Kilauea erupted?
1. I now understand that volcanoes can be life threatening like all natural disasters and I’ve also learnt how scary it is from someone’s point of view in the actual situation.