Valedictorian Speech 2018

Valedictorian Speech

Welcome fellow year 6 students, parents and teachers to our year 6 graduation for 2018!

I would like to start by acknowledging the last 7 years we’ve spent at Moonee Ponds Primary School! From the excitement filled buddies’ excursion in prep to the competitive public transport challenge it would be hard to think of a heart wrenching moment.  In this very school we learnt how to read, write, add, subtract, multiply, divide and much more. 7 years ago we made friends that we’ll remember forever just like the memories that have been created here. But also in this very school it is where we’ll be saying our goodbyes in just a couple of days. In high school we’ll continue to learn new and exciting things but the techniques we’ve learnt here have created the base of our learning for the future. So we can thank the school and our teachers for that.

This group of year 6 students are the best because we have talents that may have never been heard of before. For example: Ava and her acrobatic skills. Alexia and Heidi are known for their logic. Sofia’s talent is her knowledge on Twilight, Riverdale and ballet. All the boys’ talents are their soccer and fortnight knowledge and skills. What I’ve learnt from all of you is that everyone has their own unique opinions and personalities and that no one has a right to take that away from you.

Looking back now I’m finally starting to realise the lives we’re leaving behind! As this chapter ends another begins, another journey approaches! But it won’t be the same. With all the memories that we’ve created here it’ll be hard to move on. I will remember all the fun games we’ve played and the fantasy and freedom of Friday fun, the four school concerts we’ve participated in, the list could go on forever.

Over the years our teachers have changed. They come and go. In particular our specialist teachers. For the past 7 years we’ve had 4 Physical Education teachers. 2 Italian teachers. And 4 art and performing arts teachers. Each of them will their own skills and techniques that they have been able to share with us.

I would like to thank all the teachers for all of their hard work. I know that they have inspired me to always try my best and to work hard because it’ll help in the future. They’ve taught me that if you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give you best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and soon you’ll be able to defeat greater challenges.

We won’t be able to see the usual faces we see most of the time but in life you’ve got to be bold and brave to get things done and to be able to fight through tough times.  Like Martin Luther King Junior said “If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl. But whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” So Finally I would like to thank everyone in this room for making this a memorable 7 years. So as we’re saying our farewells let us not forget what we’ve achieved and created here. So give it up for Moonee Ponds Primary School’s class of 2018!

Thank you.