BTN #6

Cape Town Crisis

Link- http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s4804140.htm

Summary- Pink

Recalls- Blue

Questions- Lilac

Insight- Aqua

This video was about the Cape Town, South Africa, crisis. Currently Cape Town is suffering from a continuous drought. They are all dreading the day when they’ll run out of water. Also known as day zero. Residents are doing the best they can to avoid the day when their taps will run dry. They even have to go to water donations.

• Cape town has had water restrictions since February the 1st.
  • The town has been restricted to 50 liters a day. And that won’t get you that far. For example: Washing the dishes is around 18 L. A 90 second shower is 15 L. One toilet flush, 9 L. Washing your hands 3 L. Cooking, 2 L. Drinking water, 2 L. 1 dog bowl, 1 L. And that’s your 50 liters.
  • Cape Town the only city that has to suffer from taps running dry.

• Will the water restrictions change when the drought is over?
  • If the restrictions change are there ways to prevent this from happening again?

•  Now I understand the horrible affects of a drought and what the future can hold if you get stuck in one. How scary is that? Knowing that you can run out of water at any time. Have you ever been in a drought? Comment down below.

One Response

1. Eloise's blog says:

I’ve never experienced a drought but from that info in the video I’m scared I’ll end up in one.