Webinar Reflection- My house, My rules

Today our 5/6 cohort participated in a national webinar. The webinar talked about privacy, how to identify scams and what to do when you’re in one of these situations.

Definition of privacy- Privacy is about controlling your personal information in the online world.

Recently a lot of people have been using the term “FAM”. If you know what “FAM” means please comment down below.

Did you know- 12% of young people (people within their teenage years or preteen years) have experienced fraud,

Definition of fraud- Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Did you know- In 2017 $90,928,622 was lost in scams, 161,528 situations had been reported and there were 8.7% of victims.

Some ways to notice a scam are on it’s topics/subjects. Some Know scam topics/subjects are:

1.  ‘FREE’ club memberships
  2. Requests/Messages from celebraties
  3. Online shopping (dodgy websites)

What I learnt from that webinar was that even your friends who you thought you were close to can turn their backs on you and can betray you even when you trusted them with all your information. So even with your friends you need to be careful about what you share with people.