School captain speech

Dear fellow classmates,

As you all should know my name is Eloise. I have been at this school for nearly 6 years and I feel like I’m ready to take on bigger roles at Moonee Pond Primary School. So far I have been on Student Representative Council twice, as such I feel that I have a good idea of what student’s views are and how to best represent them. I have participated in Tournament of the minds and Chess. I have a younger sister who’s in year 2 her name is Isabella. I have also been in MIVIMP for 2 and a half years and I’ve been studying the violin. This year is my first year in band.

I would like to take on the role of school captain so that I could act as a representative for my fellow students. I consider myself as a very organized student and I manage to do my homework every week and read daily as well as participating in several activities outside of school. I love dancing and take 11 different classes including Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Contemporary, and compete against other Dance schools as part of the troupe as well as Ballet, Tap and Hip Hop solos. I swim at Paul Saddler Swimland in squad and I have almost achieved completing my swimming diploma and I am working towards competing in a 5 kilometre swim later this year. I also have a tutoring class each week and I have recently taken up golf lessons. I also fill out my diary every day and I don’t just do this as part of my homework, I use it for other events or activities that happen in my life.  I write what’s happening, when it’s happening and where it’s happening. For example say that I had an excursion I will make sure that I’m there early and prepared. To be a successful school captain you need to be organized.

I’m very confident with my communication skills. I read readings from the bible at church in front of strangers. To be a school captain you need to communicate with different ages. I always try my best to follow the school values. A goal of mine is to keep improving on my communication skills. Being school captain would help me communicate with others more.

I always love a good challenge. I have been to Gateways workshops several times. Being school captain would help me extend myself to be able to talk to larger groups. I feel like I’m a person who’s open to trying new things and would appreciate the opportunity to represent you, my fellow students.

I’m a very confident leader and I make sure that everyone has a fair go. As I mentioned I always try my best to follow the school vales and rules so that I show respect against others. I think my leadership skills would help me make a great school captain.

In conclusion I feel that I can give back a lot to this school. So vote for me to be your school captain for 2018.

Kind regards

Eloise