Read like a writer- Eleven

Read like a writer- Eleven

Ideas: I feel that this text’s main idea was how when you turn eleven you don’t feel eleven until you’re nearly twelve. Instead you feel the ages 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and even 1. For example one day you might feel scared so you sit on your parents lap and that’s part of you that’s 5.

Organization: I think the author laid out their work really well. They used their paragraphs really well by following the rule new idea, new paragraph.

Voice: I feel like the author of this short story explained how you wouldn’t feel 11 when straight away. This short story really stood out to me because the author put a lot of personality into this story and it felt like they were talking to me directly.

Word choice: I feel like the words that the author used made this short story more memorable. He/she used various strong verbs.

Sentence fluency: I feel like the author made a lot of sense in this story. The sentences had amazing words in them that made sense.

Conventions: The punctuation, spelling and grammar in this story was amazing. It made sense. And I enjoyed reading it.